The National Library of Norway offers workspaces for researchers at our premises at Henrik Ibsens gate 110.
You will have access to a unique collection within an inspiring research environment. Our specialised staff is also available to offer extensive guidance. The deadline to apply for a research place for the Autumn 2013 term is 15 June, and for the Spring 2014 term it is 1 December. You will receive a response within two weeks of the application deadline.
You can find the application form here:
or you can obtain a form from Reception on the ground floor.
The workspaces for researchers are allocated to:
- Users who work as scholars with the National Library’s materials for long periods.
- Users who have writing commissions for publishers or who work professionally in other ways with library materials.
You will be granted a place for up to one year at a time. You can renew the place, normally for up to two years. If you need a place for less than six months, there are reserved research places in the large reading room.
- You must use the place regularly – normally at least once a week.
- If you will be absent for an extended period, please notify the library.
- You will have access from your own PC to the National Library’s electronic resources, such as ATEKST, Idunn, Ordnett, JSTOR, Ebrary and other databases and periodicals.
- The place is available for use during the Library’s opening hours.
- You must sign an agreement regarding use when provided with a key.